Monday, October 15, 2007

MySpace Thing 7

Just a thought about blogs in general and MySpace specifically.
I was at a party and among the guests were a number of CEOs of mid-sized companies talking about how they use MySpace in the employment process. My ears perked up. What they did in common was that before the interview they would search the MySpace site to see if the interviewee had written anything. Lo and behold the stories that followed. One woman wrote about how her parents were forcing her to find a job and move out of their home and how she loathed getting up early in the morning and the thought of working made her stomach turn. Now you can guess the result of this story...
I find some blogs to contain pertinent information, but many I've seen are ramblings of people who really have nothing much to say. I guess I am of that generation that enjoys having a conversation where I can actually see the person I am talking to. I think blogging is really not my cuppa java.

No comments: