Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Thing 19 Web 2.0 awards list

What fun. I enjoyed "one sentence.org", even if it was not particularly useful, just fun and clever. One Sentence is an experiment in brevity. This is about telling the most interesting or poignant story possible in the least amount of words. Anyone who has done any writing at all has written down a thought in one sentence, without even giving it a thought!
Then I stumbled upon eventful.com. In the search boxes you can plug in a geographic location. I used Columbia, Maryland, then select an event topic of interest such as books, poetry and literature, next type in a date range. It can be a particular date. I typed in December 2007. The site then shows all the events that meet the selected parameters.
Events in D.C. and Virginia were featured as well.
I am on the programming committee and added an author booktalk and signing presentation that is coming up in December.

No comments: