Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thing 22 Overdrive

The tutorial was very helpful. I have been an avid books on tape "reader". I am usually listening to something, generally fiction, while getting dressed in the morning, or cooking meals for the week on Sunday, or just cleaning and putzing around the house. I listen to nonfiction in my car. My favorite narrator is Jim Dale...he is amazing. I listened to all of the Harry Potter books and enjoyed all of JD's distinct voices.
Customers who have used Overdrive have said that it is pretty easy to use once the necessary software has been installed. So I will need to figure out how to use my new MP3 player and away we'll go.
Project Gutenberg has been around a long time. However, if someone was looking for "run of the mill fiction", this is probably not the place to look. This is a good referral for the student looking for reading material when all copies of a title are checked out. It is not as user-friendly as Overdrive and could use a how to get started page. Maybe I missed it.

No comments: